We’ve gotten a lot of new likes lately, so it’s that time of the year again: Girls Got Game is looking for more contributors, editors, graphic designers & illustrators, and social media bunnies.
We’re looking for sensible straight girl members, LGBTQ members, and guy members from all over the world. If you’re based in the Philippines or somewhere in Southeast Asia, that’s even better!
Some quick facts:
- GGG is, generally, an international girl/LGBTQI-oriented space. We’re out to provide another platform in which we can discuss the things we love and the issues that concern us.
- It’s also meant to be less about event coverage and news, and MORE about reviews, interviews, honest geek talk, discourse, advocacy, fanjizzing, and yelling at what annoys us properly instead of having to be nice (yes, that’s a thing). Granted, if our volunteers feel like talking about a geek event in their locale, they’re more than welcome to use our site as their platform.
- We’re affiliated with What’s a Geek, GMA SciTech, GameOPS.net, and Noisy, Noisy Man.
- We’re not expecting a high level of commitment (not yet). It’s more of a post if you like and when you like sort of thing!
- At this moment, we CAN’T pay members of our team. HOWEVER, we will provide compensation in cash or in kind for any sponsored work that the administrators have cleared for the site. Any freebies that our members get from events coverage is potentially up for grabs too!
- Interested parties can email us at [email protected]. Please introduce yourself, give a sample of your work if you’re going for graphics, or a sample article if you’re interested in becoming an editor/contributor.
At this moment, while we’re accepting for all posts, new contributors and editors take the cake for us. We need more fresh content, and love sharing different perspectives.
Girls Got Game is also looking for affiliates.
If you have a blog, a podcast, a YouTube channel or whatever else that you think aligns with our interests, contact Pam as well. Affiliates of Girls Got Game will get constant plugs of their content on our Facebook Page, and on our future Twitter account.
If you have questions, you’re more than welcome to comment on this article, or PM our Facebook Page.
Help Girls Got Game stay awesome. Spread the word!