Play Without Apology is always open to more contributors, editors, graphic designers & illustrators, and social media bunnies.
We’re looking for sensible straight girl members, LGBTQ members, and guy members from all over the world. If you’re based in the Philippines or somewhere in Southeast Asia, that’s even better!
Some quick facts:
- Play Without Apology (PWOA) believes in inclusivity. We’re out to provide another platform in which we can discuss the things we love and the issues that concern us.
- It’s also meant to be less about event coverage and news, and MORE about reviews, interviews, honest geek talk, discourse, advocacy, fanjizzing, and yelling at what annoys us properly instead of having to be nice (yes, that’s a thing). Granted, if our volunteers feel like talking about a geek event in their locale, they’re more than welcome to use our site as their platform.
- We’re affiliated with a number of other geek platforms and events organizers. If you’d like to see the full list, check out our About Us page.
- We’re not expecting a high level of commitment (not yet). It’s more of a post if you like and when you like sort of thing!
- At this moment, we CAN’T pay members of our team. HOWEVER, we will provide compensation in cash or in kind for any sponsored work that the administrators have cleared for the site. Any freebies that our members get from events coverage is potentially up for grabs too!
- Interested parties can email us at girlsgotgame.m[email protected]. Please introduce yourself, give a sample of your work if you’re going for graphics, or a sample article if you’re interested in becoming an editor/contributor.
At this moment, while we’re accepting for all posts, new contributors and editors take the cake for us. We need more fresh content, and love sharing different perspectives.
We’re also looking for affiliates!
If you have a blog, a podcast, a YouTube channel or whatever else that you think aligns with our interests, let us know! Affiliates of Play Without Apology will get constant plugs of their content on our Facebook Page, Twitter account, and Instagram Feed.
If you have questions, you’re more than welcome to leave a comment here, or PM our Facebook Page.